Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Poppy Quilt for Baby Boss

When my good friend and boss announced she was expecting a girl not long after my own daughter was born I was thrilled!  As mumma to be used to live in London, I took that as an opportunity to invest in the Notting Hill range by Joel Dewberry. Plus I just adored the modern poppy design!



I found the Charming Stars pattern on Moda Bakeshop (an absolute favourite resource!) which would work well with the charm pack and really show off the colours.  It was also had a simple elegance and is striking, much like my boss ;)







I used Natural ecocotton from Spotlight for the borders as the white was too bright!

The backing fabric was a delicious find at EastCoast Fabrics and I bulked it out and bound the quilt with some batik red that was in my stash.

Doesn't she look adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment