Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

DIY Festive Decor

Tis the season as they say. There's nothing as rewarding/frustrating as trimming a tree with a threenager. 

So, naturally I had to share with you my Puggle Christmas decoration...
and my latest project...

As much as I love being on maternity leave, it does pose a bit of a conundrum. Minimal funds means fewer projects.

I have been planning to buy a beautiful Garland to match our front door wreath however no funds coming in this year means I'll have to wait another year.

Enter Pinterest and a big thank you to all who pinned cheap and easy ways to DIY Christmas decor. These were also terrific projects to do with our three-year-old! Though it helps to have a hot glue gun and some paint sample cards on hand.
You'll notice Colin & Firth made it into the photo 😊 (their names are inspired by my mither's reindeer Rupert & Everett)

I adore our new felted ball one, perfect for a house full of kidlets as they can't break it!


Given that I was using only the most treasured decorations on the tree this year, I used the old cheapie decorations (purchased from Crazy Clarks way back when we first moved in together) to upcycle and create my own Frozen style garland - again, great for Elsa-obsessed 3 yr old. Much better than sending to landfill.
I'm also changing out my coffee table decor for more festive flair. Yesterday we went hunting for pine cones which I now realise is a very northern hemisphere decorating thing as it's completely the wrong season for them here. A family trek to the other side of town yielded fruit (pun intended) and today Bug and I will paint them. Dang they're sharp! Gotta love Xmas Craft!


No comments:

Post a Comment