Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Black & white & red all over

My friend just loves black and red... For obvious reasons to those who know her. When she announced she was expecting I put together this little quilt.

I started with a charm pack of Summersville Spring from Southern Fabric but pulled out the pinks and purples to make it more gender neutral.


Then I added monochrome charms from the stash. The red sashing made the overall look more B/W/R.

I loved the fact that the flame trees were fruiting at the time I completed it as it made for some beautiful shots!
Given Mumma to be's love for The King and the fact her hubby is an animator, I got this adorable elvis cartoon fabric from Spoonflower specially! I added the pin wheels for some differentiation on the back (never get sick of the Dr Seuss range). And I found this terrific feelings fabric and the duck feet sashing at East Coast.
And named the quilt accordingly.
And I included some appropriate fabrics for Dadda the musician too (kindly donated from Mum's prolific stash)

And given their London residency I just had to include this too:

And I couldn't go past the city lights in this one - a different take on monochrome.

I had intended to only do black white and red but it was a bit dull for a child.
I quilted concentric circles thanks to some inspiration from southern fabric's Instagram and it lifted the whole quilt beautifully! And I have to say, advice from the quilt show to lower the feed dogs was a revelation!!


I love this photo in front of our "door to nowhere"

You can probably tell they're my favourite colours too ☺️ 

After a nail biting week, confirmation received that airmail is fast and Mrs L had opened her gift! Phew!!! And she delighted me with a photo in situ!

And finally a cute photo of Dashie helping me sandwich and pin the quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment