Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

1st Birthday Quilt for A

I have a bit of a Red Riding Hood thing going on of late. I think it's because people keep telling Puggle "What big eyes you have!"

So after falling in love with all the fabric at the Samford Quilt Show I showed great restraint and only bought A Walk in the Woods by Aneela Hoey for Moda.


There has been much argument with other quilters as to whether these are foxes or wolves.  I reckon they're wolves as it seems to be Red Riding Hood however I concede that they are very foxish wolves.

Using a charm pack and a few extras from the trunk at home, I put together this simple bento box quilt for my friend's daughter's 1st birthday.  It has very simple diagonal quilting and the remainder of the fabrics as binding.  The border is a lovely pink from the Beatrix Potter range.

Here 'tis:
 
'Twas a stupid idea putting blocks in the corners instead of the middle strip like I would normally do as the sandwiching had to be absolutely perfectly straight which of course it never is, hence the odd blue borders.


Still, nice and bright and girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment