Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Baby Quilt for Emily - Nov 2010

With my sister in law's baby shower on the way, I decided that a more personal gift might be to make a quilt.  Little did I know what a slippery slope I was starting down as this became the first of many baby quilts to come.

I used this free pattern sheet from Spotlight and the Spots and Stripes range they had in at the time.


After a bit of fudging around with the cutting, I was on my way.

I have since bought a proper rotary cutter and my Mum bought me a great mat which have made things soooo much simpler - definitely a worthwhile investment.  I also had a borrow my mum's machine as mine is an older one with an angled arm for which you cannot get a 1/4 inch foot (dammit!!).




I used a sprinkle-esque spot for the backing fabric and the leftover spots n stripes for binding. A simple diagonal quilting was quick and easy.

Here 'tis, girly but not too girly.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment