Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Alpacas and Elephants

When I found out Puggle's godmother was pregnant it was the perfect excuse for (yet) another baby quilt.  With the gender a mystery (good on her!), GM informed me the nursery was yellow and grey neutral themed so I set about sourcing some appropriate fabrics.

Thanks to the lovely ladies at Peppermint Stitches, I got a lovely range of both.

As GM lives way out west and has her very own alpacas, I was thrilled to find this Zoology fabric from Hullabaloo range on etsy for the backing.


Using the Chutes & Ladders pattern from LittleLouiseQuilts, I created this gorgeous gift.


So I get the layers sandwiched and ready to quilt thinking I have a good month to get it finished when GM calls to let us know her little one simply couldn't wait to get here!!

It's funny, in the last year two of my closest friends have both had daughters named Eva. And they're literally Eva A & Eva B! I reckon it's a forgone conclusion what name another pregnant friend whose surname starts with C will go with ;)



















No comments:

Post a Comment